Global chapters & introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Iā€™m watching the Zeitgeist films because I want to thoroughly understand where Peter Joseph is coming from.

I am now reading TZM Defined, about 15% of the way through.

And no, I had never heard of The Venus Project before Addendum. Looks interesting.

2 Likes

Excellent! Just in case you want to listen to the book, someone also made a recording.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Communication platform for hispanic speaking activists

I did not learn of The Venus Project until watching the Zeitgeist Addendum. I just finished TZM Defined. TVP is on my to-be-researched list.

Have you checked out lesswrong.com? The name is inspired by a poem:
The road to wisdom?
ā€“ Well, itā€™s plain
and simple to express:
Err
and err
and err again
but less
and less
and less.

• Piet Hein
3 Likes

Hi I know your site since the year 2010-2011, by marking on my web search engine a world without money Thank you Good day

1 Like

Hi Mick, I suppose you then mean this site? Because this forum is less than a year old :slight_smile: Could you share some more information? In the top post are some suggestions to share with the community. It would be very helpful, especially if youā€™re looking to do local Activism. Listing some details about your chapter would be helpful, we would then also be able to create a group and map entry for you. If you donā€™t have a chapter then thatā€™s fine as well, best is then to first look for existing chapters on e.g. social-media, contact them to see if theyā€™re still responsive and then mingle with that community. That way you donā€™t have to start from scratch, you then already have a list of people to contact and reboot/start a French chapter.

Feel free to contact me at any time.
KevinTilsner@gmail.com
Iā€™ve been the PA coordinator for 6 years.
It would be an honor to have your help.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Do you also have a website/social-media page of your state chapter? Then Iā€™ll add you to the global map and create a forum group for you. Then people can more easily contact you. I would not advise to put your email address here in the open. There is some protection here on the forum against web crawlers that collect email address, but itā€™s not bullet proof of course.

Once I have a website/social-media page from your state chapter, then Iā€™ll create that forum group. People can then email you via the forum, which will preserve your privacy and control over your contact information. :slight_smile:

Hi Kevin, I emailed you sometime ago, but since I didnā€™t see a reply, I wonder if my email landed in your spam folder? You can find me at robin@likethebird.com.

Good afternoon one and all,

Iā€™m normally reluctant to join anything, even in the world of social media which I grew up with as it progressed. Itā€™s very easy to see groups form and that normally allows for dualism in the microcosm that mirror the issues of the macrocosm

As a child, I was never materialistic or felt I really needed anything. I sometimes succumbed to the ill feeling of peer pressure when other children had the clothes or the items I couldnt have. And I suppose I was fortunate in that sense. As I grew older, I come to love the simplicity of just having a roof over my head, clean water and food. In my mid to late teens, this is all in really had and needed. Was it Vernon Howard that said ā€˜you have succeeded in life when all you really want, is all you really needā€™? I had fun in between, making sure I had them key elements. There was an element of freedom from the trap of presumed responsibility. As I got older, I fell into the groupthink mentality of getting a better job, more money, nicer things. Some years ago, I re-found my love of the simple things. Finding out how we stored food, how we made bread pre packet yeast, how could i grown my own throughout the year. The seemingly little things. And incorporating these into my love of cooking and food. I started to make bread and other things for other people. Growing produce and giving it out. This simple interest evolved and it dawned on me, I feel so restricted, everything was ā€˜convenienceā€™ and I felt trapped in a system I was guided Into. Before I looked into this more, I wanted to know how my mind worked and how it had been programmed to accept what was put before me. How belief systems of all types, whether it be religion, political, spirituality, monetary, and alike, had shaped how I see the world, how I act within these illusory perspectives and finally, how can I undo it. My beliefs around money and materalistic things have lessened. And as I work on these topics personally, I see how these things affect people more on a global scale. And how far we fell into this false illusory way of life and strayed further from who we are and what we can really do. Iā€™ve come to understand that I canā€™t change the systems, itā€™s not my place to change anotherā€™s mind. But if I free myself from the illusion, people will see they can to. My love of living off-grid has grown but my false belief in the systems designed to provide ā€˜securityā€™ arent completely resolved. So it feels more like running away rather than living by a true desire. So still work to be done. I came across a video that seems to mirror where my mind is at and here I am.

I am 39 years old and live in England.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your introduction! In case you want to join/start a chapter then let us know! :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone, i am from India is there any one else from India?

1 Like

Hi @Freeman and welcome to the forum! The easiest and most effective way to get in contact with others is to put yourself on the chapter map. That is of course if you have a chapter, or want to start a chapter. Starting a chapter is easy. It can be done by creating a website or social-media page so that you can connect with people in your local area and your chapter is able to independently share information and organize in your own language. Once you have finalized this first step Iā€™ll be able to create a chapter group, add your chapterā€™s information to that group and add that to the map! :slight_smile:

Then other people can spot your map marker in India and contact you via the forum. :earth_asia:

Thank you! I am so happy to join this movement. I believe wholeheartedly in the goals and hoping I can contribute a small part to seeing it come to fruition. I am an older person and wish this had started many, many years ago.

Peace and Love

2 Likes

Actually we started in 2007/2008 :nerd_face: This forum however is just one year old. Welcome to the forum by the way!

Hi. Iā€™d like to get Syracuse, NY put on the map. Zeitgeist Movement Syracuse Chapter My name is Mike Colatruglio. Email mcolatruglio@aol.com. Iā€™ve been a supporter since the beginning.

3 Likes

Hi @Mike_Colatruglio, welcome to the forum! And thanks for providing your chapter information. Iā€™ve added you already to @chapter_syracuse. Anyone can join that group, use it to tag the chapter, but also send group messages.

I donā€™t advice to put plain text email address here for privacy and spam reasons. People can message you via the forum and those messages will end up in your mailbox. You can then either reply via email and the forum will forward that message nicely without exposing your real email address, or you can reply here on the site.

Iā€™ll add your chapter to the map! :slight_smile: Good to hear youā€™re one of the old timers! Do you have some interesting highlights to share? Would be cool and maybe motivates others to share more and perhaps be inspired by it as well. Then we can get this movement moving again! :facepunch:

1 Like

Thank you for the info and for getting me on the map.

1 Like

I first saw the original Zeitgeist movie in 2007. I was on a search for morality, questioning and searching around to different religions, philosophers, and what not. A friend recommended it to me. I was married, 36 years old, three little kids, job, house. I was blown away by it all. The conspiracy stuff, I believed most of it. In 2008 Zeitgeist:Addendum came out. I had finally found my people. In my spare time for years I watched Jacques fresco videos and always kept up with Peter Joseph. I frequented the message boards, always in support of an RBE, yet always open to new ideas.

2011 occupy movement. I got involved, going downtown daily. It inspired me to be more involved with TZM. So I started a chapter, I guess it was 2012.

We had meet ups and events. Years went by and not much action.

2020 Divorced, kids grown, sell house, by land, set up off grid camp, people needing a place to stay welcome, My own little RBE village

Over the years, Iā€™ve watched the zeitgeist movement decline in popularity. All the while, the train of thought stands true, so I continue to promote it.

One thing that hurt TMZ over the years was all the infighting. Sometimes you become the very thing your trying to defeat. It happens to most social movements. You eat yourself. It was a direct reflection of society, aggressive, Iā€™m right thinking, I deserve success mentality, If we want a peaceful world we need to stop with all the machoism, stop trying to win every argument, but rather learn and help others learn. Stop the competitive 200 country shit, collaborate, possibilities are endless.

The train of thought is solid: intelligently manage the earths resources for the benefit of all.

4 Likes

Awesome story! And cool to read about your RBE project. If youā€™d like and have the time you could share more details in Reports, maybe with some pictures? Or if itā€™s still a work in progress you could also create a topic in Projects so that people can track your progress and perhaps help out.

Together we can make TZM alive again, all it takes is some activism routine you enjoy and communicate your progress back to the community to inspire others to do something as well. :earth_americas: