TZM Decision Making Protocol

Awesome! I didn’t know about this. I’ll read it in a few hours when I’m in the train. I made the co-initiatives method a few years ago to apply the RFC type of decision making to TZM in combination with NVC. With the assist of the forum features to facilitate this. My intent was to limit personal attacks this way and let people be objective and problem-solving oriented and seek general consensus. It’s also something that’s applied to the Internet community to develop open standards. So in a way it may be a similar method used in an RBE society.

It has never been used though, but it’s only intended to be used for decisions that affects everyone. Such as a new chapters guide, removing the term chapter and perhaps coordinate global ZDays and make that more transparent. Decisions should allow participation of everyone. We now use real-time meetings for this, which doesn’t facilitate participation. Only for those who can attend those meetings. Important decisions need to be asynchronous, so that no matter your timezone and schedule, you can join the process. Of course a meeting about it is fine, but it shouldn’t be the only method.

I’ll comment again once I’ve read that webpage. :v:

I’ve just read it. This is really great and could integrate very well into the Co-initiatives method. Do you know who wrote this? I want to republish this as a #wiki. It’s well written, and as a wiki we can update it as a community and track/discuss changes.

Another edit, here is the wiki I just published:

1 Like