Andrew Yang's Basic Unconditional Income

This is by no means the whole TZM community. I’m sure there are people who agree with you. And as mentioned, UBI could be great, but maybe 30 years ago or so. I don’t think we should waste time on an UBI at this point. Change is slow. We have only until 2030 to make meaningful changes to combat climate change. In my opinion UBI will only throw gas on the fire, because it will promote mindless consumption. But, as mentioned a few times, we can apply the right technology, which in turn provides financial relieve as well. And more importantly, it assists the transition to a steady state economy with less waste, greenhouse gases and infinite growth regardless of the finite resources of our planet.

So applying a universal basic needs infrastructure is not far from what your goal is. My solar panels for example give me €300 of more financial freedom per month. Which would be even more if we could store that energy in a local energy grid. Because the sun doesn’t shine as much every month and not everyone can have these panel (apartments). I think that train of thought is the way forward.

So with that we can indeed summarize it, at least from my point of view. We can repeat our arguments a few more time, but life is too short for that I guess :nerd_face: Feel free to continue the discussion. I see no need to shutdown a discussion that’s in line with TZM and is done with mutual respect.