Global chapters & introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Iā€™d like to get involved as much as possibleā€¦Contact meā€¦315-641-6061 my name is Daveā€¦

Hi @David_Van_Wagner, welcome to the forum! :tada:

First of all I strongly advice you to not post any personal contact information here on the forum, youā€™re free to do so of course. But this forum is publicly visible and actively indexed by search engines. People can already contact you via your account here on the forum and youā€™ll receive emails about that. Of which you can reply via email, or through the website itself. However, for reply by email functionality you need trust level 1 or higher (receiving emails works just fine). Which can be obtained when youā€™re active for about 15 minutes here on the forum, that means reading posts, liking, and replying. When you have TL1 (trust level 1), you can also access our chat. And in terms of local contacts, you can message and tag @chapter_syracuse :nerd_face:

Now with the formalities out of the way. I would suggest you do the following.

1. Check what the chapter you joined already has to offer, which is @chapter_syracuse and perhaps contact the members through the forum or through their own chapter website. They can maybe provide more information on activities.
  2. Identify your skills and interests that could be used to do Activism. If you have trouble with that exercise, then please create a topic in Support with your questions.
  3. Stay connected, either through this forum, or through the network of your local chapter. It will help to build up a relationship with people that want to do the same thing. That will increase the activism productivity and youā€™ll enjoy it more as well. Over time more Zeit-Talks episode will be released with more details about how to do activism and explore more Train of thought topics.
1 Like

Hey there! Just joined the forum yesterday. Iā€™m from The Netherlands. Iā€™ve recently seen the ZG movies (1, 2, 3 and Interreflections) and looked into TVP. Looks promising and Iā€™d like to dedicate some time to this.

Iā€™m 42, a father of 5 children, and have a dog and two cats and work as an IT consultant. As much as I love to work and grow professionally as well as personally (I think the two are intertwined) and have a particularly well off life financially, I always had the feeling somethings off. Also, I am pretty worried about the direction humanity moves today and want to help build the best possible future for my children (and the world as a whole)

What I am particularly good at is breaking down big goals into smaller parts and help prioritize that what is most important. Also, I have an extensive background in software development (around 20 yrs now). Iā€™m known for having a crude picture in my head of where I want to go and then finding the resources to get there. I have lots and lots of ideas, but I understand that thereā€™s been a decline in momentum since the ZG films and thatā€™s something to be dealt withā€¦

So, without further ado, thatā€™s me in a nutshell. Iā€™d love to discuss whatā€™s needed to move forward.

2 Likes

Awesome! Welcome to the forum! :tada: In case you want to get more involved with the TZM NL chapter, then itā€™s best to go through these 3 steps. Iā€™m guessing youā€™re the same person that already contacted me through the TZM NL website. So you donā€™t have to do that again of course :nerd_face:

Once youā€™ve completed all the steps then please drop me a message. Either an email or a chat message. Then we can setup an online meeting and discuss more details :+1: Because indeed, the movement has stopped moving for quite some time. So there arenā€™t a bunch of projects you can jump in at the moment. But Iā€™m interested in your ideas.

If you have general TZM questions, then itā€™s best to create a topic in Support :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: How to get the TZM up to steam again?

I realized I didnā€™t mention yet what I like to do. Shame on me!

I like the Spanish language a lot and since I am following private lessons for years I can speak the language very well.

I am currently constructing a greenhouse of around 6x2,5m in which I want to implement vermiponics to use as much vertical space as possible.

Also, I like personal development a lot and guiding teams. Helping others find purpose and passion.

Coding has been my hobby since I was 11.

3 Likes

Luke, I will join you.

This is Janos in London

1 Like

I tried here but nothing seems to work.

Error establishing a database connection is generated by the links

I guess youā€™re talking about the UK website? @Woody if Iā€™m not mistaken youā€™re from the UK, right? Do you know if the @chapter_uk website is still actively maintained? It seems to have some issues.

Hello, i am fabrizio from noord brabant/noord, just below the ā€œrandstadtā€. For 20 years i tried to stand (and fight) corruption in the psychiatry.
Millions of people in the netherlands use now chemical drugs to make it through the day. While there are many natural alternatives, like chamomille, carrots and blueberries. Also we live in the most noisiest society ever and that is not so well for body and mind. Barely anybody walks anymore, i been campaigning for 40km roads like in finland, where it got much safer then. Sadely bycicle accidents are on the rise in holland. Some say amsterdam is one of the most corrupted cities in the world: about half of the money worldwide that has been ā€œmadeā€ with weaponstrade floats through a dutch postbox. A new political party just founded ground who is suppose to stand for farmers and civilians. They just bought out a few farmers to make it possible for the a27 (from brussels to utrecht) to be expanded, this is pure madness if you ask me for just a minute less travelling ā€œtimeā€.

My website is tekisui.neocities.org

1 Like