Richest 10% of people in UK use more energy flying than poorest do overall

People should put their money where their mouth is. If they of course talk about meaningful change that is. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hello Kees,
This is janosabel again. Just say I am following the link you have suggested a little while ago…

This is a Core Issue and is categorically different from the Big Issue of, for example, Climate Change…

So there is no Chapter in Britain?

PS. You may be interested in linking up with We are the 99 %

Can you explain that in more detail please?

About the chapter UK, you’ve joined their group. In the description is more info.

It is the activities of the 1% (a shorthand code for a complex discussion) that is endangering the life supporting ability of the planet.

The general statement that “we are destroying the planet” is bad and dangerous misnomer. It makes ordinary people guilty and diverts analytical attention from the real causes.

By the way, this is not to seek people to blame but to identify causal areas in a malfunctioning system.

PS. where can I get help with formatting codes?

The way I see it, we all contribute. We shouldn’t just point fingers at one group. Saying e.g. that the 1% should invest in renewables while someone doesn’t do that themselves, is of course a losing battle. It of course matters if that person has the ability to chose that energy source. But then again, you can still make an impact.

For sure! This is what TZM is about. This is just one silly post, please check more topics on the forum :slight_smile:

Also don’t skip the quick start guides, it’s featured at the top of the site. There you’ll learn formatting and more.

Kees, my response to your comments are behind square brackets below

Hi @janosabel, when you reply by email the (Markdown) formatting is probably not used, but the HTML formatting in your mail client. The Markdown formatting only works on the forum. Not sure what you wrote, but I don’t see anything below. It may be recognized as e.g. an email signature and is then filtered out by the forum. But this is just a guess, I don’t know what you wrote exactly in your reply via email :slight_smile:

Edit: I’ve checked the logs, it looks like you edited text from my reply and put your response in there. To keep the forum tidy without long quote blocks with repetitive text, the forum filters those out. This is to keep the thread tidy. The forum doesn’t expect a reply in those areas, only in the text you write as a response. I hope that makes sense to you so you know what to do when replying via email.

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: Andrew Yang’s Basic Unconditional Income

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why did TZM and TVP split?

A post was split to a new topic: What is missing in TZM?